2014 SECURITY ENGINEER .
The successful candidate will have a proven history of design and installation of a wide range of Security Systems, be a self-starter, with a “can-do” attitude, and with the ability to work autonomously at customer sites.
• The candidate shall be a ‘hands-on’ Security Installation or Application Engineer with at least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of a wide range of security systems.
• The Security Engineer will work within the Security Team as an active member, reporting to the Head of Security Solutions, and be responsible for the design, installation and commissioning of new security systems and providing advice to customers.
• The installed systems shall include CCTV systems, perimeter intruder detection, access control, long-range sensors, baggage screening, radar and other sensors. The locations shall be at a wide range of customer sites primarily in Oman, but also wider afield in the Middle East/ Gulf region.
• Experience of integration into Security Management Systems, such as PSIM, would be useful.
• Furthermore the Engineer will offer professional advice on the usage and maintenance of security equipment to customers.
• A strong background in networking and electrical engineering is critical and the role is strongly customer focused.
• Technical design, specification and implementation of Security Systems
• Working with the designers to develop pin to pin, system cabling and layout drawings.
• Installation and Commissioning of CCTV, PIDS, ANPR, ACS, Fire Alarm, Vehicle Screening, Baggage Screening, Radar and other surveillance sensors.
• Modification and upgrade of a wide range of existing security systems.
• Inspecting, servicing, repairing and installing electronic security systems by investigating and diagnosing faults and making effective, economical and lasting repairs.
• Maintaining paperwork in a clear, concise and on time manner consistent with the company Quality policy (ISO-9001) and to ensure that Quality Assurance procedures and forms are adhered to.
• To be a highly motivated and enthusiastic team member positively promoting the Company.
• Delivery of equipment and materials to clients where required.
• Ensure good general housekeeping on customers premises and in particular own work area and company vehicle.
• Comply with company Health and Safety policy and procedures.
• Avoid unsafe acts and follow company Health and Safety procedures and other company working procedures.
Desired Skills & Experience
• A strong networking and electrical engineering background is essential.
• The candidate will have knowledge & experience of Security System installation, commissioning, maintenance & repair.
• The candidate shall have strong, proven problem solving / analytical skills and ability. We value engineers with effective time management and planning skills alongside a flexible attitude and approach.
• The candidate shall have the ability to operate autonomously with a strong desire to learn and with the tenacity and willingness to confront and solve complex technical issues in the field.
• The candidate will have strong communication/interpersonal skills, as well as focus towards and ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service - Customer focus is key to the success of this role.
• Sound knowledge of Health & Safety issues relating to the service function.
Communication / Relationship Skills:
The candidate shall have excellent communication skills. Strong English language is essential; Arabic would be useful but not essential.
Availability and Location:
As soon as possible, deployed to our Muscat-based office.
Muscat is a rewarding place to live, both culturally and financially. With a long-history of open-ness, Oman is one of the most secure, stable and pleasant places in the Middle East. Furthermore Muscat has a vibrant and dynamic expat community.
For further information, please refer to the below link:http://www.expatarrivals.com/oman/moving-to-oman